Popular New Year’s Resolutions from Our Rehab Center
If a rehab center isn’t a great place to find inspiration and hope for a happier, healthier new year then I don’t know what is! We’ve put together the most popular resolutions we’ve heard over the years, ranging from health and wellness to finding happiness and success. Have you put together your New Year’s resolutions for 2013? No matter what stage of recovery you are in, there’s something on this list that should inspire you!
Top Five Rehab Center Resolutions
- Seek Help. Although women in rehab have already sought help, most of them recognize that they aren’t where they want to be yet. Seeking help to continue and make it to the other side of obstacles requires dedication and strong resolution.
- Stay Healthy. Many women that have graduated from a rehab center know that staying healthy is key to their long-term success. Staying healthy in 2013 means eating right, exercising appropriately, and maintaining a positive quality of life.
- Make Yourself a Priority. So many women dedicate themselves to others. From parents to children, women often feel pulled in many directions. Remember that you can’t support others if you don’t support yourself. Just like on the airplane, when they say to put on your oxygen mask before you help someone else, living for yourself and making yourself a priority helps you provide the best love and support for those around you.
- Reduce stress. All of us, whether we’re in a rehab center or not, can relate to this one! Besides being emotionally draining, stress is also physically damaging. Stress and anxiety can put recovery at risk and increase the chances for relapse. Many women find yoga, meditation, and reading to be relaxing hobbies that help them reduce stress.
- Help Others. So many women in our rehab center recognize that they are only achieving success in recovery because of the love and support of others. Many women in recovery look to help others achieve recovery success. From serving as a sponsor to volunteering to talk with others or work with children and seniors in need, helping others is a great way to stay connected to the recovery community and maintain a focus on what is really important.
Remember that a New Year’s resolution is only successful if you maintain your focus and momentum throughout the year. Stay focused on what is important, write down your resolution, and create milestones for yourself. Celebrate your success throughout the year!
If you or a woman you love is having problems with substance abuse or alcohol problems, a women’s substance abuse rehab center may be the answer. Remember that recovery from addiction and alcohol abuse treatment means learning how to cope with intensely emotional situations, and identifying when you need help and support. Treatment and aftercare can help you do this, so please call us today. Destination Hope: The Women’s Program is a full service addiction and women’s health treatment facility in Florida for women who suffer from substance abuse and behavioral health issues.