Alcohol treatment center programs are not solely reserved for assisting clients struggling with alcoholism. Alcohol abuse clients can also greatly benefit from attending alcohol rehabilitation programs in order to put an end to alcohol abuse and redirect their lives to healthier, more productive living.
The Alcohol Treatment Center for Alcohol Abuse
It’s a common misconception that the alcohol treatment center is a place only for individuals suffering from alcoholism. The truth is that alcohol treatment center programs are also highly effective options for clients dealing with binge drinking and other forms of alcohol abuse.
Alcohol abuse comes with a host of physical, mental, social and societal problems as alcoholism does. Clients who have found themselves abusing alcohol can turn their lives around and regain control to lead healthier and more stable lives. The treatment methods for alcohol abuse are the same as for alcoholism – psychotherapy, lifestyle counseling, support groups, stress management and other such effective techniques.
Alcohol Treatment Center: Signs of Alcohol Abuse
These are some of the signs of alcohol abuse.
- Drinking to the point of blackouts
- Consuming alcohol to the point of negative consequences such as affecting work, school or personal relationships
- Binge drinking
- Unable to alter drinking habits to a lower frequency or to safer drinking habits
- Taking risks with drinking such as drinking and driving
- Friends or family worried about your drinking habits
- Legal troubles involved with drinking
- Drinking despite health problems
- Hurting others or getting hurt while under the influence of alcohol
Alcohol in Our Society
Treatment at an alcohol treatment center can get your life back in order and bring you back to greater control and greater health in your life. Unfortunately alcohol abuse and addiction are prevalent in our society. The good news is that anyone can receive help for their substance abuse and addiction to get on the road to a brighter future.
Here are some statistics that shed light on alcohol abuse in the country. These statistics are the findings of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIH).
- 24.6% adults (18 and older) admitted to binge drinking in the past month in a 2012 study and 7.1% admitted to heavy drinking in the last month.
- Death from alcohol-related causes is the third highest preventable cause of death in the country.
- A 2012 study showed that over 10% of children live with at least one parent with alcohol problems.
You don’t have to live with alcohol abuse; recovery is possible. Get started today for a healthier future.
If you or someone you love is suffering from the effects of alcohol abuse, substance addiction or any other type of addiction, please call us today. Our addiction treatment counselors can help you deal with physical, emotional and psychological consequences of drug and alcohol abuse. A substance abuse treatment program is effective, safe and has helped many men reclaim their lives. Destination Hope is a full service drug, alcohol and dual diagnosis treatment facility in Florida for men suffering from substance abuse and mental health issues.