Drug Rehab in Fort Lauderdale offers clients of addiction 10 tips on how to love yourself in honor of Valentine’s Day 2014.
10 Valentine’s Day Tips From Drug Rehab Fort Lauderdale
- Appreciate Yourself: Take the time to stop and think about all of your good traits, contributions, and positive actions. It can be easy to only think of the bad we’ve done but don’t downplay the positive contributions you’ve made to your life and the lives of others (such as deciding to seek treatment for addiction).
- Treat Your Body like a Temple: Enjoy your favorite workout on Valentine’s Day to reap the physical and mental benefits of exercise and to promote self-love by taking care of yourself.
- Do Something That You Love: Drug rehab Fort Lauderdale recommends that you treat yourself on Valentine’s Day to something you truly enjoy. Whether you love great foreign films or a bike ride in the park, take the time to do something healthy that makes you feel good.
- Work on Your Goals: Look at your goals to see how much closer you are to them and what you can plan next to get to the next steps. It’s important to look at them with appreciation for all of your progress. Don’t rush yourself and respect all that you have done thus far.
- Enjoy a Delicious, Healthy Indulgence: Look for healthy, delicious recipes so you can create incredible meals and even a healthy and very tasty dessert on the holiday.
- Read Up on Positive Affirmations: Positive thoughts and positive energy can be quite powerful. Drug rehab Fort Lauderdale suggests reading up on wisdom or inspirational quotes on positivity to get the good vibes going.
- Take Care of Your Responsibilities: If you work on Valentine’s Day, be as productive as you would on a non-holiday. Feeling accomplished and taking care of your responsibilities can be empowering.
- Keep a Journal: Make a list of the things you are thankful for about the day. Keeping a journal with these types of notes can help you see just how great your life can be.
- Think of the People Who Love You: Your family members and other loved ones in your life love you for many reasons. Remember this and it can be easier to remember to love yourself.
- Forgive Yourself: You can’t change your past, but you can learn from it for a brighter future. Let go of self-blame and guilt by practicing forgiveness. Drug rehab Fort Lauderdale knows that you deserve it.
If you or someone you love is suffering from the effects of alcohol abuse, substance addiction or any other type of addiction, please call us today. Our addiction treatment counselors can help you deal with physical, emotional and psychological consequences of drug and alcohol abuse. A substance abuse treatment program is effective, safe and has helped many men reclaim their lives. Destination Hope is a full service drug, alcohol and dual diagnosis treatment facility in Florida for men suffering from substance abuse and mental health issues.